Saturday, April 14, 2018

World

We are through the area where piracy was a concern.  Deck 2 was closed for several days, but has now reopened.  Security measures were put in place and armed guards were on duty.  The armed guards left the ship Saturday night and were boarding another vessel that would be traveling in the opposite direction.  We traveled with other ships which was unusual.  We haven't seen too many other ships along the way.  Relieved the piracy concern has passed and now hoping for the best with the Syria situation.
This letter could have been distributed a couple days sooner than it was.  The razor wire was being installed before the letter was distributed and rumors were rampant on board.  

Map of the rest of my journey

My schedule for the end of the cruise.  Should be home the evening of 5/5.  Thank you to all the people that have been taking care of everything for me especially Mike and Kelly Clifford,  Charlie and Anne Hayden, Leon and Donna Pfeiffenberger, Maureen Henry and all those people that are plant sitting.  Thanks to my friends that have been worried about my safety.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  All the best.

1 comment:

  1. Thankful that everyone is safe! I’m sure that it was quite scary for all of the passengers! We are all looking forward to your safe return home! I’m in KY now enjoying some cuddles with Finn! His 1st Bday Party is next Saturday. Neal and Family are coming here for the celebration... I went to see The King and I in Cincinnati last evening! Wonderful! We will see you May 5th! Update me on the time as it gets closer! DP

    ReplyDelete