Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tasman Sea 2/5,6,72018 Monday to Wednesday

ROUGH WATERS:  Rough waters occur where two different bodies of water meet. 
Australia's rough waters are in the Bass Strait and Tasman Sea which is between New Zealand and Australia.  
      
The above was my original post from 10/26/17 when I was practicing posting.  The Tasman Sea has lived up to its reputation.  The sea was really rough yesterday, Monday.  Because we lost a day on the International Dateline, our Monday was your Super Bowl Sunday.  There were not many people moving about the ship all day.  I slept late.  I played mahjong for the first time on the cruise and then I took a nap.  We heard that on a normal night 20 to 40 cabins order room service, last night there were over 120 rooms having room service.  

My friend Kathy and I enjoyed dinner with a young man that we admire a great deal.  His name is Jorem and he is the Viking Band bandleader.  What a dynamic young man!  He is a trained classical pianist, writes scores for movies and video games, and is one of the nicest people I have met.  The evening's Star Theater entertainment was canceled as the equipment was sliding around the stage.  
We enjoyed a great evening in spite of the weather and the sea.  



Jorem and Friends Concert in the Atrium of the Viking Sun.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like all is well...! Nice that you got to play mahjong! I actually bought a set! We’ve been getting together every other Monday to play (as beginners). Rainy/dreary Super Nowl Sunday here. We invited Leon’s Brother Dave/Judy for the game. It was an exciting win! Weather started improving Monday. Enjoy!! DP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you hanging in on the rough seas! I hope it smooths out soon.
    I once crossed the Atlantic in a hurricane. The tables had wooden boards surrounding the edges as the plates would slide off the table. I was 12..I loved it...

    ReplyDelete