Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wed. 10/16/2019. Brussels to Manchester

Wednesday, 10/16/2019, Day 51 total travel.

My flight from Brussels to Manchester went smoothly.  I  am staying at a B&B that I would not recommend. Bamfordlodge.  Really steep narrow steps.  Self-Check-in.  Guests were to take care of themselves.  No info on who to contact with a problem.  No help getting my suitcase down the steps.  No breakfast.  No person anywhere in the morning.  Booking.com, I am disappointed.  According to my phone, I walked 7.1 miles and took 19,037 steps.









I walked around the area and found some interesting places.  The Clink is a restaurant in a former church and it seems that prisoners run the restaurant.
Pictured below. 



 Quarry Bank is a National Land Trust site.  Styal village was a thriving community during the Industrial Revolution.  I saw the Styal village and the Chapel Woods.  There wasn’t time to visit the rest of the site which included a factory, the owner’s house, gardens, etc.    
The Chapel








Styal Cross

I thought this cow had character.  He was along the road as I walked back to my B&B.  



Staying at Bamfordlodge at 60 Hollin Lane SK9 4JJ. Handforth. UK. Call 44 7508 938170

No comments:

Post a Comment