Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday 12/16/2017 Sea Day

I know you are looking for pictures, but they are not transferring between my phone and iPad at this time.  I haven't gotten my camera out yet.

Donna and Leon took us to the airport very early Friday morning for our 7:00 flight to Atlanta.  We changed gate four times in Atlanta and finally left for Miami a little bit late.  The trip to the ship was uneventful as the airport is not far from where our ship was docked.   We sailed away about 6:00 PM after various festivities.

Saturday was a day at sea.  We are all settled in our room.  Viking had a gathering for singles this morning.  We drank mimosas and met about ten women and one man that are embarking on this voyage alone.  I am impressed with these woman.  I thought Kim and I were brave, but these women are traveling alone and have paid a double fare to do so.  It was nice to meet them and Kim and I are trying to keep an eye out for these single travelers when we are eating or attending an event and inviting them to join us.

Our day also included a cha cha lesson which was a lot of fun.  Then we heard two speakers.  One talked about the history of Cuba and the other was Dr Lori (from WVIA in the past), she spoke about architecture in Cuba.  She is originally from Bucks County and received her doctorate from Penn State.  She was a very entertaining speaker and is now on The History Channel.

Tonight was the captain's welcome party and the Viking Band opened the event.  A Las Vegas performer named Zach W was the closing entertainment.  It was a fun show.

The sailing was very smooth all last night and today until we turned east to head to Cienfuegos, Cuba.  It is certainly not rough, but a little more rocky than before.

I am going to charge my iPad and hope that solves the picture transferring problem.


1 comment: