Tuesday, September 5, 2023

9/4

9/4. Temps low 66/high 84.  Serengeti National Park staying at the Four Seasons Safari Lodge.   Game drives will occur in the grasslands in the early morning and in the afternoon.  


We were at breakfast early at 5:45 and 14 out of 24 of us went on the Game Drive at 6:30.  Some people were tired and other people have the GI problem that is being passed from one person to another.  Chris called for the doctor that is on call at the hotel this month.  My vehicle had Deborah and me.  I taught Deborah how to use her iPhone, including shooting the picture and cropping.  I am busy taking pictures with my phone that I hope will sync with my iPad and with my camera.  


We started seeing animals shortly after we left the hotel.  We saw a lot of giraffes close to the road, a male lion, a cheetah, elephants, gazelles, zebras, 6 lions, more elephants, lots of hippos in the river, 6 more lions, more hippos, more zebras, monkeys, impalas, baboons, a crocodile, topi, etc.  We saw two ostriches that were preparing to mate.  


My compliments to Chris and his team of drivers.  They are remarkably effective at finding a wide variety of animals for us and getting us as close as possible.  We stopped at a picnic area and had champagne, mimosas, Bellinis, Jameson’s Irish Whiskey,  coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and assorted nuts and cookies.  The view was breathtaking and made me think of Out of Africa.  


When returning to the hotel we saw what looked like a migration of zebras.  Chris, our tour director, said they were coming to the river for a drink.    


I have redone this post three times and still no photo success…












Julius, Chris, Humphrey, Kachewy, MJ





Ostriches preparing to mate.





Mom and baby






No comments:

Post a Comment