Monday, September 2, 2019

Bath 9/2/2019

Phone says14,635 steps, 6 miles, and climbed 7 floors.

Circus. The information about the Circus was posted with the Crescent post.  I can’t figure out how to copy and paste with my iPad.


 
These houses are called the circus, because they are in a circle.  Notice that each of the three levels above ground have a different type of column.
There are below grade apartments with patios in front of these buildings, too.  The door and two windows are one unit.  I saw one unit that is now divided into five as there were five doorbells by the door.  





At 11:00, we  toured the Roman Baths which I found fascinating.  I hope to do that post tomorrow.  This afternoon, I walked about in the Botanical Gardens and around town.  I visited Jane Austen’s Center, which was okay, but I can’t say I’d recommend it.  I also had a cream tea 
which is a pot of tea for one with two warm scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam.  I enjoyed a great view out on the River Avon while I drank my tea.  It was a lovely break.  This evening, I went to the modern version of the Roman Baths and enjoyed two different steaming pool. It was relaxing and enjoyable.  

Hoping you are all safe from Hurricane Dorian.  .  

No comments:

Post a Comment