Friday, January 20, 2023

Manzanillo, Mexico on January 20, 2023 Friday

 Last night, I went to the 9:30 show.  Heather Sullivan is a talented singer, but I must be getting old as I thought she was a bit loud.  She chose songs that were perfect for her voice; Stevie Nicks, Faith Hill, Carol King, etc.  She did create opportunities for the Oceania Band members to "showcase"  their talent individually.  

I was up early and walked 30 minutes on the track.  I enjoyed a cup of coffee at the front of the ship and went to breakfast at the back of the ship.  Last night at the Newcomers' Cocktail Party, I learned 195 of us are first time Oceania cruisers and 124 of us are on for the World Cruise.  A tip to remember where you want to be, "food in the back, fun in the front".  

Manzanillo is on the central coast of Mexico and is considered part of the Mexican Riviera.  


Sailfish sculpture in Manzanillo, known as the "Sailfish Capital of the World">

Manzanillo is reminiscent of Cinque Terra in Italy with brightly painted houses on the hillside.









Oceania Insignia in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment