Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Rough Seas 1/17/23

 I am on my way.  I flew from Myrtle Beach to Charlotte to San Francisco on Friday the 13th.  Thanks for the ride to the airport, Ed Clancy.   It was a rainy weekend in San Fran.  I had been there at least five times in the past so it did not pain me to stay warm and dry in the hotel.

I boarded the ship on Sunday.  I had a lot of unpacking to do and did not finish.  I felt seasick Monday morning when I woke up and needed to accelerate my unpacking to find the meclizine.  I never felt sick on the Viking World Cruise because it had such good stabilizers.   This ship, Oceania's Insignia, was built in 1998 and it rocks a lot.  The meclizine made if difficult for me to stay awake.  I did not have a good day.

Today is Tuesday and we visited Ensenada.  I bought some Zofran which is a prescription medication for motion sickness that does not make you sleepy.  You don't need a prescription in Mexico.  



Remember the television show from the 1980's called Hotel.   That is where we stayed in San Francisco, at the Fairmont Hotel/fictional St. Gregory..  

In San Francisco, we stayed in the Fairmont Hotel.  There was a bit of a miscommunication on the cost of this hotel.  Don't even ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment